andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

Just my two cents ..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Drop Shadowed Thumbnail Creator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Just my two cents .. Reply with quote

A big Hello from germany,
Just found your precious bit of code and gladly made it work with several homemade php applications, icluding a simple "drop in image gallery". I could not resist to register in this board to say thank you for your great work, since i was looking to add shadows to my pics dynamically from the day i worked with images in php (must be the lack of my GD and php knowledge Wink )
I want to add a suggest for future developments of this class, if you don't mind. How about not only adding shadows to a picture? How about adding Frames (for example a polaroid, a dia, a pictureframe?) For me, the "not-so-smart-ptogrammer" i would think about something like this:
Add dynamically the folder of the shadow/frame pngs,
get the nessecary width of the Framespace
and use the other functions as provided.
And how about having a place to share these "Frames pngs"? Maybe here in this Forum? I bet, this would be kind of fun Laughing
Please excuse my english, as you see, i am from germany (...doing my very best to type what's on my mind Razz )
I am gladly looking forward to hear from you all if you would like my suggestions.
Lots of good vibrations
Andr? (here registered as Elvis, for a good reason Very Happy )

While i was reading this, i had another idea dealing with shadows. Did anyone ever think about coding a .ttf headline script with shadows?
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, and welcome to the board!

Sorry it's taken a while to respond back, but I just didn't see that there were any new posts recently... Time to clean my glasses, I think! Wink

I like the suggestion of 'frames', and it's acutally something I've played around with in respect to the image mask class and doing an overlay.

As an example, check out this link:

http://php.amnuts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94

I also played around with that using transparent PNGs as the overlay (or 'frame') and masking off the areas I didn't want, and it's worked to varying degrees of success.

If I ever get back to updating these scripts on a regular basis, then I'll be sure to try to work this into it.

But anyway; thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you like the class! Smile

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Drop Shadowed Thumbnail Creator All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: