Zend Studio and SVN 1.8

Last modified date

Comments: 0

I use SVN for most of my projects at work and have diligently kept it up-to-date with the latest versions of the work copies. What happens when the working copy structure changes, as it did from 1.7.x to 1.8.x, is that Zend Studio gives error messages about the SVN connector client not being compatible. Annoying! However, if like me you’ve recently updated your SVN version to 1.8 and want Zend Studio to be compatible then it’s just a matter of a few easy steps for you to take.

The first thing you want to do is download the latest 3.0 Subversive drivers from the Polarion website. That is the software used by Zend Studio to manage SVN. At the time of writing it’s version 3.0.3, so I chose to download the Subversive-connectors-allplatforms-3.0.3.I20130920-1700.zip file.

Now open up Zend Studio and select Help > Install New Software…. Click on the ‘Add’ button, as we’re going to add the file you just downloaded as a local repository.

Add new software

From the Add Repository select the Archive… button, navigate to the file you just downloaded and select it.

Once you click OK it will inspect the file and ask what you want to install. I simply selected the Subversive SVN connectors and the SVNKit 1.8.0 beta Implementation (Optional) options.

From there, follow all the on-screen instructions, terms & conditions agreements and so on, and when all is install Zend Studio will want to restart itself – let it.

When you’re back up and running it’s now time to select the new SVN connector. To do this, go to Window > Preferences, then go to Team > SVN > SVN Connector and change your connector in the drop-down menu to be the newly installed SVNKit 1.8.0.

SVN connector

Now you can continue to use Zend Studio with SVN support for your 1.8.0 working copies!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.