andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

Image resize and fit to dimensions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Crop Canvas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
max0matic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Image resize and fit to dimensions Reply with quote

I want to pass a given width and height and the script should extract the biggest possible chunk of picture and rescale it to the size wanted retaining aspect ration..

lets say I want a 300x100 picture and I pass a 600x400 picture
the script takes 600x200 and resamples it in size to 300x100.

Is this possible.. I was trying around but.. hmm...
didn't get it working.
drumdance

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Resizing Reply with quote

max0matic, I hacked around with the Javascript and found a way that does most of what you want. (I need the same thing)

It requires a fair amount of changes to the script, but the basic approach is to capture $this->img['sizes'][0] and $this->img['sizes'][1] to separate vars and, if they are bigger than whatever size you need, reset the separate vars to the correct size using the percentage diff:

Code:

//in class.cropinterface::load_Javascript, somwehere before the <script> tag output

//capture img sizes to separate vars
$this->size0=$this->img['sizes'][0];
$this->size1=$this->img['sizes'][1];

//keep the picture no more than 600px wide
//you'' probably want to use a class var for this instead of an absolute

if($this->size0>600) {
   $this->size0=600
   $diff=$this->img['sizes'][0]- $this->size0;
   $this->percentage=1-($diff)/$this->img['sizes'][0];
   //scale new height to the same as new width
   $this->size1=round($this->size1*$this->percentage)
}/

You'll have to look for places where this->img['sizes'] is used in output display (but not file management i.e. cropping) and replace them with $this->size0 and $this->size1 where appropriate.

Next, you have to change the Javascript output in my_submit():

Change this:
Code:

self.location.href = '{$action}'+ '&sx=' +
         (dd.elements.theCrop.x - dd.elements.theImage.x) + '&sy=' +
         (dd.elements.theCrop.y - dd.elements.theImage.y) + '&ex=' +
         ((dd.elements.theCrop.x - dd.elements.theImage.x) + dd.elements.theCrop.w) + '&ey=' +
         ((dd.elements.theCrop.y - dd.elements.theImage.y) + dd.elements.theCrop.h);

To this:

Code:

sx=(dd.elements.theCrop.x-dd.elements.theImage.x)*(1/$this->percentage);
sx=Math.round(sx);

sy=(dd.elements.theCrop.y-dd.elements.theImage.y)*(1/$this->percentage);
sy=Math.round(sy);

ex=(dd.elements.theCrop.x-dd.elements.theImage.x + dd.elements.theCrop.w)*(1/$this->percentage)
ex=Math.round(ex);

ey=(dd.elements.theCrop.y-dd.elements.theImage.y + dd.elements.theCrop.h)*(1/$this->percentage)
ey=Math.round(ey);

self.location.href = '{$action}'+ '&sx=' + sx + '&sy=' + sy + '&ex=' + ex + '&ey=' + ey;

(You can compress that into fewer lines of code, but it's easier to unserstand this way.)

This does not actually resize the image file, just the display. I have a separate class to do that, so I didn't try to solve that problem.

Good luck!
max0matic

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Thank you but I solved it.... Reply with quote

Thank you but I solved it...
Check out http://flashrocket.worldoptimizer.com/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Crop Canvas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: