andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

Edited wwwcheckup for my needs... but need help...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> WWW Checkup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Edited wwwcheckup for my needs... but need help... Reply with quote

So, I added a field for a descriptive name for the URL, and added a TD at the begining of every entry for a delete checkbox. Everything works, but I think the update is broken because there is no longer a contiguous block of ID's in the database (ends up being 2,5,9,16, and so on instead of 1,2,3,4,5). So, I've been looking for ways to reorganize the ID's, but haven't come up with anything that works. I'm using the remove_website mentioned earlier in the forum. Any help? Or do you need my code?
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome to the board!

The id's don't need to be contiguous, and wont be if you add a url, delete it and then add another. So long as they are unique, it really doesn't matter what the value is.

If you really need to reorganise the ids, though, what you could do is create a temporary table with the same structure as the checkup table. Copy all the rows to it, but not the ids. It will automatically create the ids incrementaly, starting from 1. You then have sorted rows. Copy the rows back to your live table.

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fireye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I guess my problem is elsewhere. Oh, and what happened to the reworked version of wwwcheckup that you mentioned in a post back in February? I'd certainly like to see some of those improvements you were considering!
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

At the moment it's sitting on my harddrive waiting to be put into a release format (along with updates to the man page class, the image mask class, the strings class, and the drop shadow class!) I got some great feedback from (jp) who tested it out for me, and I also have done some additional work I need to integrate into it.

However, I development stopped because I moved into my first house and there has been a LOT of work to do in it, which I am still doing. Once done and I get the computer back into my home, I'll continue to work on the scripts.

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> WWW Checkup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: