andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

globals off

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> FAQ Manager
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfryder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: globals off Reply with quote

I followed the instructions (I thought) about using the class.faqmanager.php with globals off.

I found the places to replace with $_GET

It connects to the database because the questions and catagories are there, but the links, when clicked, won't load the answers.

Any suggestions?
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

When you changed to the '$_GET' option I imagined you did it on this line:

Code:

$this->gpcVars = $HTTP_GET_VARS;  // could use $_GET in 4.1.0

to make it look like:

Code:

$this->gpcVars = $_GET;

If so, then check out the line below that - it should look like:

Code:

$this->_self   = $PHP_SELF;

Try changing the $PHP_SELF to $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] and see what that does for you.

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolfryder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I changed the $HTTP_GET_VARS to $_GET and $PHP_SELF to $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] and even altered the

global $HTTP_GET_VARS,$PHP_SELF;

to

global $_GET,$_SERVER;

and

global $_GET,$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']

and even commented the entire thing out. Still no luck. I know it can see the database because the catagories are there and the questions, but clicking on the links doesn't display the answers.

I am using PHP 4.30 and Apache 1.3.27(whatever the newest one is before 2.0) and MySQL3.23XX (the one just below MySQL4)

I don't know what I'm missing Sad
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I haven't tried this script with 4.3.0+, so it may be something to do with that, I'm not sure. Try this and see if the links are clickable:

Code:
$this->_self = "nameofscript.php";

In that you should give it the name of the file (and path, if needs be) that you are calling the script from. That way you should have a (semi) hard coded file name and it should give you a clickable link.

If you have this online somewhere where I could take a look at it, that's be great. (running and/or as a .phps file.)

Also, for the superglobals ($_GET. $_SERVER. etc.) you don't need to declare them as global, because they already are to any function.

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolfryder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that's 1/2 of it. I now get some response, but I think removing the variable confuses the page because it doesn't know where the reply is supposed to go. I get a "page not found" error message (which is more than I had been getting!)

I'd rather not put the IP of my machine up on a public forum. Can I reply to the email address I was sent to notify me of a reply here?

I really appreciate all the help you're giving me Smile

WolfRyder
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can understand about not wanting to make that information public. Just click on the 'pm' or 'email' graphic links against my name/posts so you can either private message me on here or email me.

Andy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> FAQ Manager All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: