andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

interactive on mac

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Crop Canvas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jermaine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: interactive on mac Reply with quote

Hi there,

first - great script and great support of a friendly coder -

I just checked out your script and it ran right away. The interactive solution looked pretty good, so I tried from a mac IE5 and saw that the transparency style is not working, all you see is a grey box. The cropping itself works great.

So we have a style problem here. Any solutions like multiple css files for different systems?

I get back to you guys later, just wanted to know if any of you tried for a solution

Greetings from germany Jermaine
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jermaine, and welcome to the board!

First up; thanks for the kinds words. Smile

The grey box you're seeing is not to do with the style sheets but to do with MacIE not being able to display the PNG transparency correctly. The code itself uses a work around for IE on the PC, but I guess it doesn't work on a Mac version of the browser. Infact, I just tried it out on a Mac version of IE and the fix doesn't get used.

Try this:

Once you've created your crop canvas interface instance, set the 'useFilter' variable to 'true', such as:

PHP:
<?php

require_once 'class.cropinterface.php';

$ci = new cropInterface();

$ci->useFilter true;
  if (
$_GET['file']) {

$ci->loadImage($_GET['file']);

$ci->cropToDimensions($_GET['sx'], $_GET['sy'], $_GET['ex'], $_GET['ey']);

header('Content-type: image/jpeg');

$ci->showImage('jpg'100);
    exit;
  } else {

$ci->loadInterface('myfile.jpg');

$ci->loadJavaScript();
  }

?>

and see if that works for you.

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jermaine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Thank you for your quick response Reply with quote

I am already at home, where i just got a PC. I will test this tomorrow at work and post the result.

I have to tell you that your "service" in this forum and the quality of your answers beats most of the paid services I know. Great Work!!!!!!!
Jermaine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Somewhat right Reply with quote

Hi again,

I just checked it on the mac, but now i have a new problem. Box is shown the right way, but the picture has an offset of somewhat 8 pixels, not fitting in the box (that problem i had before also). New is, that the layer seems to be pretty big as i have a white part of the page where an invisible layer is.

By the way, may be the wrong topic, but the redim function i may not need to do the following:

After the image is cropped, meaning the area is selected, the image shall get a dimension of 300x400 pixel. Can i code it in your class that the output is fix this size or do i need that extension?

Another question would be, if i dont like the cropped output, can i get the interface back with the values my cropping area had before?

Thank you very much for your detailed answers.

Jermaine
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Crop Canvas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: