andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

I like the board

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Website Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uzume

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: I like the board Reply with quote

Andy,

I like your choice of web boards here better than the Amnuts talker boards. I have used this board for sometime at at least one place (and less at some others). Perhaps you will think of converting the board type when you move to the new site?

Anyway, this where I have used this board style before: Unix Socket FAQ.

And yes as you can see I found my way here too.

Cheers,
Uzume
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am thinking of this board for when I do redo the Amnuts talker website. Unfortunaly I had no concept of this board (or PHP!) when I orignally put up the other message board. One day I hope to get around to converting everything over there to using PHP, which'll include the message board.

I'll check out that link (maybe even add it to the FAQ on the talker website!)

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uzume

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...'tis good to see you are still alive and kicking (BTW, Lisa looks very cute in your avatar picture and you do not look too bad yourself--winks).

I see the Amnuts front has been very quiet. I was wondering if you had thought of working on web pages again? I know Lisa mentions on her deviant art pages that she was hoping you would work on your (it sounded plural as in like both of yours) web pages. I was wondering about any further development in the new Amnuts pages. I notice they all still refer to 2.2.1 and do not mention the new GNU license (with option to use the old license as well).

I am not sure how much work such would be or what your current timelines looks like (how is the work/job front?) but I was thinking perhaps it might be nice to get the new pages finished (even if they feel new and obviouslt need continued development) and release 2.3.0 out of open beta perhaps at the same time. It would also be nice if we got a new forum board based on phpBB like this one (perhaps converting current content or providing read only links to the old boards until some archive time).

Cheers,
Uzume

Last edited by Uzume on Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise to see you're still around! Smile (and thanks, I know I look good. WinkLaughing )

I had thought about the Amnuts site recently (well, a few months ago) and did start to convert the board over from the ultrascripts one I'm using to phpBB. I had the users converted and the posts and all, but most of the messages were screwed up due to silly formatting used in the ultrascripts posts.

I haven't thought any more about it because Lisa and I are in the middle of trying to buy a house right now, so I only usually work for my employer, do freelance work at home, or tinker with PHP (which is what I do in both the jobs anyway)... But then, the talker community isn't exactly thriving anymore, is it? Confused

What I thought I might do for the talker site is base is on something like GeekLog or PHPNuke, or something similar:

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://www.phpnuke.org/

Might make it easier to manage and have others post articles and such.

Hope you're doing well!!

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uzume

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amnuts wrote:
I had thought about the Amnuts site recently (well, a few months ago) and did start to convert the board over from the ultrascripts one I'm using to phpBB. I had the users converted and the posts and all, but most of the messages were screwed up due to silly formatting used in the ultrascripts posts.

Well, frankly, I would not worry too much about old converted screwed up posts. They are there for archival purposes anyway. In fact, If I were you I might just leave the old boards as they are just locking them down so no one can post and just provide links to such for reference instead of converting them (especially if there is trouble in doing so as it sounds there is)--that way at some point in the future when such are of *much* less value they can even be deleted or at least taken offline (and say put in an archive file available from the download area or something).

amnuts wrote:
I haven't thought any more about it because Lisa and I are in the middle of trying to buy a house right now, so I only usually work for my employer, do freelance work at home, or tinker with PHP (which is what I do in both the jobs anyway)... But then, the talker community isn't exactly thriving anymore, is it? :?

Oh, I certainly understand all those issues (remind me to send you more details on my own situation in a less public forum if you are interested).

I find it mildly amusing that this site seems more active than the main Amnuts one and yet it still uses the Amnuts name but really has little to do with Amnuts (and seemingly less and less as time passes). It is understandable but just amusing (the DNS name, your login, and though many of the PHP projects here started with Amnuts in mind the work on such have little to do with Amnuts now). Maybe you should think on changing the name to Andy's PHP projects--or better yet just stick with Andy's web site and let it develop further over time where ever life takes you--and yours; grins. As an example, look at Neil's page(s) (NUTS IV continues to develop...slowly).

As a side note on the talker fronts, I am trying to survive Dune's recent OS change from Redhat to Debian (which is actually usually more secure IMO). So I am trying to get them (AKA Ardant) to fix things like...oh...say the Amnuts CVS server for instance (I am sure it will not take too long)--until then it is sort of hard to check anything in or out.

amnuts wrote:
What I thought I might do for the talker site is base is on something like GeekLog or PHPNuke, or something similar:

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://www.phpnuke.org/

Might make it easier to manage and have others post articles and such.

Those are certainly interesting sites, however, they seem a tad busy (both in design and activity). Based on recent Amnuts activity (is there any!?) I doubt Amnuts would get anything near such and could likely go with a much cleaner look and feel (I always liked the google interfaces).

amnuts wrote:
Hope you're doing well!!

I am well enough, thanks. Always good to hear from you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Website Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: