andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

Making dropshadows transparent

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Drop Shadowed Thumbnail Creator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quasipickle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Making dropshadows transparent Reply with quote

Hi there!

Is there anyway with the current library, or any future plans to make the dropshadows transparent using alpha channels in PNG files? As you know, PNG files can have varying transparency. So why not just have the dropshadows fade to transparent rather than fade to a particular colour?

That said, I have no idea how it would be implemented, but I'd be willing to have a stab at it if you have any ideas/direction.

Thanks.
Bri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a cool idea! - Never really thought about it until I made a photo gallery script with a picture as the background, then I remembered this site and came to ask...

*** bump *** Wink

Bri
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, even though I haven't tried it out for the drop shadow class, I did try transparency on the user-quota class and got a fairly good result. The transparency got munged a little bit when resizing down (it seems to got from 24-bit transparency to 8-bit), but with the drop shadow class you resize and then apply the shadow, so the transparency might stay 24-bit.

So check out this thread and pick out the parts to make it transparent.

http://php.amnuts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=222

I'll try to give it a shot myself soon, but I'm a little busy for the next few days so I might not get around to it any time soon.

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Andy, you are a star Cool

P.S. I still use your drop shadow script as its the bees knees, best I have found.

Thanks again, Bri
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri wrote:
P.S. I still use your drop shadow script as its the bees knees, best I have found.

Thanks, Bri! That's great to know! Smile

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> Drop Shadowed Thumbnail Creator All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: