andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

Does CafePress work when selling your own stuff?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> CafePress Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Does CafePress work when selling your own stuff? Reply with quote

Hi Andy

I saw your class in the PHPClasses newsletter and followed it through to here. I hope you don't mind a general Cafepress question.

I have products which I want to sell online so I'm checking out how to do this.

I *can* see how I win if I sell their stuff, or someone elses, or even my own.

But what if someone else sells my gear - I get nothing? Is that right?
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah, and welcome to the board!

Nope, I don't mind the general question - I only hope I can answer it for you... If I'm understanding correctly, I think what you're asking is that if someone uses this class to show your products on their website (without permission or your knowledge), then if they sell anything because of it will you loose out on the money?

No, you wont. You see, the class gives links to the store's website on CafePress, and so they would be redirected to you. A user would HAVE to make a purchase of products from a store YOU set up through THAT store. The only way I can igure that someone could sell your products without you knowing, is first buying them from you and then reselling them again on a different store, seperate from CafePress (because CP supply all the goods - the person setting up the store cannot just sell anything through them and then ship the items themselves).

Any which way you look at it; you set up the store, you define what products are there, you apply the graphics on them, and you get the profit from it.

If I haven't answered your question, just post up again and clarify what you want to know, and I'll have another stab at it. Smile

Regards,

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sarahk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy

It wasn't your class as such, you just seemed to know about it.

If I sign up to CafePress and use them to sell my products then any member of CafePress is able to sell my (software) product through their own shop. Great, now instead of one website selling, I have hundreds.

So, I put the base price really low because the variable costs are low and CafePress don't have to do much to flog this stuff. But I need to recoup the cost of development so I want a cut too.

If one of the other shops sells my product do I make anything?
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarahk wrote:
If I sign up to CafePress and use them to sell my products then any member of CafePress is able to sell my (software) product through their own shop.

They are?! Well, I guess I don't know enough about CafePress, having only sold t-shirts, mugs, mousemats, etc. I was under the impression that only you could sell the products through your store. If someone wanted to seel a product they would need to set up their own store.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can answer your question more fully than that, Sarah. Have you tried checking out the support on CafePress' site?

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sarahk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there was a bit of wishful thinking when I visited their site.

Sorry to waste your time.

Quote:

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for contacting Cafepress.com!

At this time you can only sell the merchandise that we provide and manufacture for you. If you have any other questions or inquiries don't hesitate to contact us by using the toll free number listed below or reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Valencia
Shop Advisor
Cafepress.com
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up yet if you want to use CafePress... I think they allow you to sell data CDs. Surely that would constitute as seling your own software on a CD produced by them? (obviously with your label on it.)

If you haven't already, just set up a store. It doesn't cost anything at all! Then you can decide what products to sell on it. You might be quite amazed with the range they offer!

Andy
adjamlotfi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;

I read few things about the cafepress shopping market plan, I guess that everyone can register - open an account, then select items for a vertual shopping box that cafepress supply which its Items and at the end pay commission to the account holder.

is it working this way ??

I guess too that cafepress can produce products with personalized logos & design that we can propose.

right ??

So can someone propose foreign - logos-design ??

Do cafepress accept people from other countries to sell "cafepress" products with that market Plan ??

How cafepress will pay such people ??

As e.g, Can someone propose Items such Swiss choclate or Imitations of the famous French Tour Eiffel, ect... with a personalized logos & designs, too ??
Do cafepress ask for money for such design-work ??

What about the 35% reduction on mass buy, as mentioned on the right of the following page :
//www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

Save up to 35% when you purchase 15 items or more from your own store. More details......

Idea Idea great & bright Idea anyhow !!

Thanks
Adjamlotfi
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm getting the impression that you think I'm something to do with the CafePress website and services... I'm not. I am in no way associated with CafePress as a company or website.

Your questions really would be better suited to direct to the support at CafePress, because I really cannot help you out on them, and nor is this forum about the CafePress website... It's about the class which allows you to display a random store item on your own website.

Regards,

andy
adjamlotfi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry;

But I reconize that the work you did is realy great !!!!

1) I would like to know how you can build such patterns as the one used in your fabulous scipt ? (the Pattern "language" is not easy to set)

2) do you have a second sample from other site ?

many Thanks in advance

NB: You are a very nice "couple"
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adjamlotfi wrote:
But I reconize that the work you did is realy great !!!!

And I really appreciate that!! Very Happy

adjamlotfi wrote:
1) I would like to know how you can build such patterns as the one used in your fabulous scipt ? (the Pattern "language" is not easy to set)

Check out the setPattern function. You can either change the class to have a default pattern of your own, or set one by using that method.

adjamlotfi wrote:
2) do you have a second sample from other site ?

Only what you see if the example sites, sorry. Perhaps anyone else that has used the class might...?

adjamlotfi wrote:
NB: You are a very nice "couple"

Laughing Thanks!! Smile

Andy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> CafePress Box All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: