andy's php projects
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script and site usage:
All of the scripts on this site are provided free for non-commerical, personal or non-profit use. If you find these scripts useful to you, appreciate the free support, or are just an all round nice person, then why not donate a little dosh? If you wish to use any of these in a commercial system, please refer to the payment plan.

Modification to script ??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> User Quota
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrioja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Modification to script ?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I find the output of this script spectacular by means of graphical quality.

How about a change to it / another script that will draw piecharts for multiple percentages ??
Like a charting program, but limited to the piechart already available ??

I would like to use it for the results of a survey instead of the old bargraph.

I looked at the code but I am way to unexperienced to know where to make changes. Sorry for my english too, I hope I could explain myself.

Red
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, and welcome to the board!

That is an idea, for sure. But if you want a really feature rich graphing package for PHP, I would really recommend JPGraph. You can find it at:

http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/

It has a really extensive feature list - 3D pie charts with a legend being just one thing it can do!

Regards,

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redrioja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: yes but ... Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

and thanks for this very quick reply.

I know JPGraph, but it ist way too big and "mighty" for my needs.
Your class would be just what I need, only with more percentages (if this is the word).

I don't know, would this mean big changes or just a modification to the script ??

Thanks
Red
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I think that to do what you want would be a fairly big re-write of the script. The two core functions; _displayText and _displayImage would need to be altered considerably. the rest of the script might be able to stay pretty much the same, but a new function should be added for inputting the percentages.

To be honest, you might be better off looking for a script that already does this, rather than looking for this one to be modified in any reasonable amount of time.

Some links that might help you out:

http://www.hotscripts.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?bool=AND&query=pie+chart&catid=2
http://www.phpclasses.org/search.html?words=pie+chart&x=0&y=0&go_search=1

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redrioja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Andy,

well ... I browsed your links and the scripts there one by one and the only script with the same output-quality as yours is "Chart Director". But then again, it's $99 and does much much more than I need.

The difference of your script - and why I like it so much - is the antialiasing which gives the perfect quality. And the 3D-look of course.
I have not much confidence that I will be able to change your script accordingly with my limited knowledge of PHP, but I'll try.

If ever you find a little time, maybe you're on to making the best pie chart sript out there ;-)))

Thanks anyway
Red
amnuts
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for your kind words! Smile

I'm not sure I'll have much time right now; my wife and I are trying to buy a house at the moment, combined with working two jobs it really takes up most of my time! If I can, though, I will try to look at it.

However, you could take one of hte existing (free!) scripts and update it to give that 'anti-aliased' effect. All you have to do is create the pie-chart image double the size you want. Then just resample down to your desired size. This will give you the results you want and not require too much tweaking at all! (three or so extra lines in a code, I'm sure will do it.)

Andy
redrioja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, again me ... Laughing

Thanks for the ultimate tip: Create in double size and then resample!

I would have NEVER thought of that, and of course it works perfect!
And I was thinking of some secret-mystery-antialiasing-algorythm I would never understand ... Embarassed

With this help I am sure I will be able to rewrite one of the other scripts to get good quality.

Lots and lots of thanks !!!

Red
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php.amnuts.com Forum Index -> User Quota All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: